Founded in 1987 as Mecklenburg Ministries, MeckMin is a 501(c) (3) nonprofit organization of nearly 100 member congregations representing more than a dozen faith traditions.
MeckMin promotes interfaith collaboration to foster understanding, compassion and justice.
We envision a community that lives by the highest values and core virtues of its rich faith traditions and respects the dignity of every person.
- the core virtues of our rich faith traditions our members being anchored in their belief in God, the Divine, the spiritual.
- the worth and dignity of all people finding common ground through respecting and affirming all humans.
- relationships recognizing that our spiritual and human relationships are even more important than the causes we address.
- the diversity of the Charlotte community enriching our lives as we learn from one another’s racial, ethnic, cultural, and faith understandings.
- peace believing in the importance of peace within each person, our community and our world.