Thu, Mar 18|
The Importance of Front End Reentry & Community Support
Presented by James Searcy of Promise Resource Network, Founder of Listening First NC, & returned citizen & Marcus Reddric from Reentry Partners of Mecklenburg.
Time & Location
Mar 18, 2021, 12:30 PM – 1:30 PM
About the Event
James Michael Searcy Bio:
- North Carolina Certified Peer Support Specialist
- Voting member of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Continuum of Care Coordinated Entry Oversight Committee
- Co-chair of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Continuum of Care Person's with Criminal History Workgroup
- Peer Support for the Mecklenburg County Shelter Plus Care Homeless Housing Program
- Former Peer Navigator for Mecklenburg County Criminal Justice Services Vera Pathways from Prison to Postsecondary Reentry Project
- Currently employed by Promise Resource Network and Founder of Listening First NC Front End Reentry Peer Support and Mentoring
James is also a previously incarcerated person who allowed 17 years of federal incarceration to serve him rather than service time. His prayer was not for release from prison but rather to serve God the rest of his life in prison or in the community.
James has asked Reentry Partners of Mecklenburg to join him in this presentation
Marcus Reddrick Bio:
- Graduated North Carolina Central University in 2003 with a degree in Parks and Recreation Administration.
- Has been working with people with criminal records for 15 years
- Has 3 years’ experience in corrections (Correctional Case Manager at Brown Creek Min Unit and Recreation Specialist at Rivers Correctional Institution)
- Has 10 years’ experience as reentry case manager for (Mecklenburg County Reentry Services and The Center for Community Transitions)
- Has over 7 years’ experience working with individuals with mental health and 2.5 years working substance abuse clients (CMC-Behavioral Health, Drug Lab Coordinator for Mecklenburg County Drug Treatment Court, and Substance Abuse Technician at the Mecklenburg County Substance Abuse Service Center).
- Skilled in conducting risk needs assessments (ORAS,LSI-R, GAIN) and Motivational Interviewing techniques
- Certified Anger Management Facilitator
- Certified Moral Recognition Therapy Facilitator/Trainer
- Vice Chair of Reentry Partners of Mecklenburg County(RPM)
Food for Thought:
Food for Thought is a way to gather persons from different faith groups and ethnicities, to break bread together, and to share in relevant issues of common concern. Join us for lunch, a presentation and discussion about a wide range of issues that affect our community. 3rd Thursday of every month |12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m. | Zoom Presentations
CLICK HERE to find valuable resources featured in previous Food for Thought presentations.