Thu, Jun 15|
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day
Open Tables JUNE
At an Open Tables gathering, diverse congregations come together for fellowship and dining; with the goal of building relationships based on our shared humanity that go beyond the divides of tribalism.
Time & Location
Jun 15, 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day, 5815 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226
About the Event
We are so pleased you'll be joining us on Thursday, June 15 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (5815 Carmel Rd, Charlotte, NC 28226).
Please review the conversation guidelines below before you come. Other than that, all you need to do is show up ready to be authentic and curious.
- Be curious and listen to understand. Conversation is as much about listening as it is about talking. You might enjoy exploring how others’ experiences have shaped their values and perspectives.
- Show respect and suspend judgment. People tend to judge one another. Setting judgement aside opens you up to learning from others and makes them feel respected and appreciated. Try to truly listen, without interruption or crosstalk.
- Note any common ground as well as any differences. Look for areas of agreement or shared values that may arise and take an interest in the differing beliefs and opinions of others.
- Be authentic and welcome that from others. Share what’s important to you. Speak from your experience. Be considerate of others who are doing the same.
- Be purposeful and to the point. Do your best to keep your comments concise and relevant to the question you are answering. Be conscious of sharing airtime with other participants.
- Own and guide the conversation. Take responsibility for the quality of your participation and the conversation as a whole. Be proactive in getting yourself and others back on track if needed. Use an agreed upon signal like the “time out” sign if you feel the agreements are not being honored.
Want to some more help understanding the “why” behind each agreement? Click here to unpack the Conversation Agreements.