Commit to educating yourself
Your Personal History
Your Faith Tradition
She Worships Blog, The Question No Parent Wants to Ask, Sharon Hodde Miller
Commentary: An elephant our city needs to talk about, Rev. John Cleghorn – Charlotte Observer Op Ed, August 22, 2015
Does Isolation Matter? Creating a Covenant Community (video) August 24, 2015 Event at Caldwell Presbyterian Church
The Dream Again Deferred, UNC-Charlotte, May 5, 2015
The Problem We All Live With, Part 1, NPR, This American Life
The Problem We All Live With, Part 2, NPR, This American Life
Engage with others who care
Consider hosting a meeting to engage others at your…
House of Worship
Workplace or Volunteer Organization
Sample Meeting Format from Our Education 101 Model
From Covenant Presbyterian Church – EDUCATE A CHILD, TRANSFORM THE WORLD
Five-Part Series on Education Begins Wednesday, Sept. 9, 6:30 p.m. Description Join us for a vigorous and challenging look at our schools and how we can contribute to the common good of children and families in our community. Please honor and extend the Presbyterian Church’s historic commitment to the success of public education by joining this series and exploring action for the future.
- Sept. 9: Loving our neighbors: The context of our community – Dr. Owen Furuseth, Associate Provost, Metropolitan Studies, UNC Charlotte
- Sept. 16: Voices of our teachers
- Sept. 23: Notes from a classroom – Kay McSpadden, Charlotte Observer columnist
- Sept. 30: The state of our schools – Ann Clark, Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools superintendent
- Oct. 7: Recalling the past, planning the future – Luke Largess, attorney at Tin Fulton Walker and Owen and Amy Hawn Nelson, director of social research at UNC Charlotte Urban Institute for Social Capital, Inc.
Act to achieve educational equity
Send an email to your supporters and partners and ask them to join you in pledging their vote on behalf of a kid.
If you use the hashtag #145363kids, then WTFwevote.org will like, retweet and favorite your posts.
If your organization wants to be public about its support of CMS students, just send your logo and a link and WTFwevote.org will add your group to the pledge page so others know that you stand with students.
Seek diverse schools and neighborhoods for your family
Write or speak with your local officials
Work to elect leaders who support educational equity
In Your House of Faith